Do you want to achieve your goals ?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
Napoleon Hill studied successful people and found that every successful person has two things in common. Hill called them “Common Denominators” for success. They are:
1) They set specific goals
2) They make a plan to achieve it.
Then why don't people set goals? There are few reasons, they are not serious about their goals, they don’t understand the importance of goals. For e.g. if your parents, teachers or friends did not have goals then you are likely to grow up with the idea that goals are not even a part of normal existence. The other reason is they don’t know how to do it and fear of failure.
1) Set specific goals: Your goal must be clear and well defined. Goals can be related to health, career, finance, family, relationship or any aspects of our life. For e.g. I want to make more money is not a specific goal, instead of that, I want to earn $100,000 per year.
2) Set specific time: You need to put the deadline when you want to accomplish it, when you set a deadline, your sense of urgency increases, and achievement will come quickly. Let's continue with the first example, I want to earn $100,000 per year in 2020.
3) Write down your goals: Most people skip this step which is so crucial. Writing your goal not only forces you to get clear on what you want but it also motivates you to complete the task. Hang somewhere where you can see on a daily basis, also make a list of goals in a small card which you can carry in the purse as a reminder.
4) Develop an action plan: Your goal is to earn $100,000 per year which is great, can you get there by doing the same thing you are currently doing? Do you need to invest money? What actions do you have to take to achieve those goals? Make a detailed plan and work for it.
5) Decide the price you are willing to pay: To earn that much amount you may need to give up TV or hanging out with friends or get up one earlier every day, learn new skills. Figure out what you have to do to make it happen.
6) Think about your goal daily: You need to stay connected with your goals and review them daily. Track your progress and see where you are falling behind and why? Adjust the time frame or strategy if required.
If you really want to do something in your life then set your goals. It may not happen overnight but if you are determined, you can accomplish amazing things and live a remarkable life.
Every day ask yourself: “What one action can I do today to get one step closer to my goal?”