How to manage your time ?
How to manage your time ?
“The way we spend our time defines who we are.” Jonathan Estrin
Time is the limited resource in the universe. Time is like a river, once it goes it will never come back. Each of us get 84600 seconds as a deposit, how we invest/waste it will determine our future. If we read successful people, they know the real value of money and they utilize it wisely. Time and tide waits for no one. We are the wonderful creature of this universe and we all have been given a certain amount of time to live.
Today I am going to share a few tips on how to manage our time
1) First thing first, know your goals and prioritize the work which has a significant impact in your goals. Having said that, make a to do list daily before you go to bed and give a number one, two, three based on their priority. Do the important thing first, which gives you a sense of accomplishment and you feel motivated too. When you don’t make a plan for a day, you are most likely to waste your time in unproductive work such as engaging in social media, gossiping or watching TV series which does not add value to your life. Also when you have a to do list, you will eliminate the hassle of rushing at the last hours.
2) You can master any skills by managing time. Whether you want to learn guitar lessons, dancing or writing. Allocate the time everyday for 20 to 30 minutes, which is not so hard to do. If it’s hard to take out 20 minutes, then you can start with 10 minutes, then gradually increase the time. Daily small action brings the big result, just be persistent.
3) Everyone has 24 hours a day whether successful or unsuccessful, what makes a person successful is to have a vision and they work for it everyday. Each day they take out time to work into their goals and if they can do it, we all can do it.
4) Time is precious, yesterday is gone, we never know tomorrow. Present moment is the most important time, how we utilize it will determine our future.
5) Balance your life by allocating time properly in each major areas such as career, family, financial, health, spiritual and recreation. If any one of these areas is weak, that means you have not allocated time properly.
6) There is a difference between spend and invest, when you invest your time then you will get the return, so use your time wisely.
7) For those who have excuses of not having time for workout, family time or any other things, I would recommend making a log book where you will enter all the time you have spent in a day. From this log book, you will be able to identify the time waster which you can utilize.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” Steve Jobs
Since childhood I was very good at managing time, but I was not that serious in making a to do list but now I am very consistent in making a to do list. Where I am today being the result of my little actions that I had taken on a daily basis.
How are you using your time? Chunk your goals into small pieces and take out some time every single day towards your goals.