Tipping the Scale: How I achieved my target Weight ?
I felt so embarrassed. On that day I decided to lose weight. It took me almost 4 months to get the desired result, but I did it. My weight has remained consistent since that time.
- Start your day with warm water with lemon and honey. This is so beneficial! It aids digestion, boosts immunity, and assists in weight loss. Do not eat anything for thirty minutes afterward to see the best results.
- Make working out part of your daily routine. Start with a 15-20 minutes cardio workout. Choose what you like the most- swimming, aerobics, yoga, Zumba. Whatever motivates and excites you to get moving. The main thing is to start and make it a habit. I suggest doing it in the morning. When you exercise in the morning, there are less chance of not doing it if some urgent task comes up in the evening.
- Food is another major factor that contributes to weight gain. Monitor your food, taking note of how much junk, oily and sugary drinks are you consuming daily. If we don’t take action today, then we have to suffer in the future, because of lifestyle related, and totally preventable, diseases. Replace the unhealthy stuff with healthy options. Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet. Replace soft drinks with water. Drink green tea. Finish your light supper at least 2 hours prior to going to bed. Bless your food before you eat.
- Put 2 liters of water in a jar and add Ginger pieces, mint leaves, lemon & cucumber slices, let it soak the whole night and drink the next day. If you have low blood pressure or have stomach acidity issues, then avoid this type of water.
- Set a measurable and achievable goal to lose weight and take action on a daily basis. You can write positive affirmation for weight loss and as you affirm, visualize and feel it. How do you feel when you get to wear the nice dress that is hanging in the cupboard or shop? How will people react? The more feelings you bring to your visualization exercise, the easier it is to achieve that goal. I suggest doing this in the morning as well as before you go to bed.
These are the actions that you must take on a daily basis if you really want to lose your weight. It is not hard but people often fail to do easy things. Once you start, be persistent. Keep in mind that you did not gain weight in a few days, so it will take time to lose it. With patience and consistency, you will see results.
What action can you take to begin losing your excess weight today?